What is ridiculous is her hair. It is so long, or tall, depending on how you look at it. It stands straight up on the top and lays completely flat on the sides and back because of holding her.
Here are a few of her recent highlights:
- She is getting so much personality. She has distinct likes (kisses, watching and batting at toys, singing) and dislikes (wet diapers, being hungry, being gassy).
- She is a very happy baby. She only cries when she needs something, so not a lot of incessant fussing, which is great. She really doesn't like being hungry or sleepy.
- She smiles a lot now - especially at David's funny faces and my singing. (I'm not quite sure how to take that.)
- She laughs in her sleep, but I have yet to hear a real laugh out loud. We are really looking forward to baby giggles.
- She coos and gurgles at us when she is amused.
- She flirts with the ceiling fan. First she will smile at it, and then she will turn her head away coyly. It is quite funny - we think that it is her first boyfriend.
- She will stand up, if supported.
- She loves all of the toys on her activity mat. She grabs and holds onto the turtle and the octopus. She loves her mobile, too. The both play classical music, which she enjoys, and she hates when it stops.
- She really likes chewing on her hands. It isn't really sucking her fingers, though she does that some too.
- She sleeps very well (5-7.5 hours) and is getting onto a good schedule. This is what a normal day looks like. (A note: "play" means many things; tummy time, time on her activity mat or swing, walking around the house talking to me and the dogs, or even a running dialog about what we are buying at Sam's.)
- Up at 5 or 6 to eat and then back to sleep until 8ish.
- Up to eat and then play until about 10 and then nap until 11.
- Up to eat and then play until about 1 and then nap until 2 or 3.
- Up to eat and then play until 5 or 6 without much of a nap.
- Eat again around 7 or 8 and then play while we eat dinner.
- Bathtime (every other night) and then to bed, either in the pack and play in the living room or in your crib in our bedroom. Sometimes you like to be where the action is.
- Up to nurse (more like a dream feed) one last time around 10 or 11 when we go to bed.
- Lather, rinse, repeat.