Emmeline is such a smart child. I know that every parent says that, but really, she is fantastic!
We had her six month appointment today. She has gained 1 lb. 2 oz. since last month and now weighs 15 lbs. 6 oz. which is great news. The not so good news is that she has at least one, but probably two infected ears. That most likely accounts for her getting up 4 times a night for the last few nights. Hopefully with her antibiotics will get rid of the infection and she will be back to being a happy baby with good sleep habits. She also got five shots, but after her nap, has been acting like nothing is wrong.
This has been a big month for her. She has hit the following milestones:
- She has her first two teeth, the middle ones on the bottom (Dec. 13 on the right and about two weeks later for the left)
- Passes objects back and forth between her hands, especially her pacifier. If you put it in her left hand, she moves it to her right hand and then puts it in her mouth.
- She sits up for a minute or two with out support, and for a long time if she has her boppy behind her. She might be fine without the boppy, but I get a little nervous.
- She really likes "talking" now. She yacks away, even thought we have no idea what she is saying. She gets into squealing matches with my mom, too, which is quite funny! She also squeals with delight every time the dogs pay her any attention.
- She is really good at getting toys (and anything) that she wants. She rolls around in her crib or on the floor or on our bed to get whatever she wants.
- She is so mobile that I have started changing her on our bed because the changing table made me nervous. David gave me a little crafting tote a few years ago that he suggested that we repurpose as a diaper tote. It is fantastic and holds diapers, wipes, medicines, a changing pad, lotions, baby powder, desitin etc. I love it!
- Solids are going okay. I gave up on rice cereal, but she will eat bananas. Next up are avocados and sweet potatoes.
- She is really good at sitting on my hip now.
- She stands up when she holds on to me or onto the couch. She will pull herself up if she is squatting on your lap.
- She says "mama" but has no idea what it means, but I love the way it sounds.
- She plays peek-a-boo and knows that it is fun! It has always been part of our nightly routine, but she initiates play now.
Y'all have a good day, and ROLL TIDE!!!