Thursday, August 6, 2009

Emmeline - Week 3

To celebrate David's birthday on July 23, his parent's bought Emmeline a tree, a brandywine maple, which they planted in our side yard. In the fall it should turn the most lovely deep purple color. I can't wait!
We also spent some time just chilling. It was great. We like taking her out on the back patio after the sun sets below the trees. As you can see in the above picture, Emmeline has some silly hair. And it gets sillier every day. She hasn't lost any yet (knock on wood) and it just keeps sticking up and out. I hope she keeps it.
We also had a setback with her weight gain during this week. She hadn't gained any weight at her two week appointment. The pediatrician didn't seem too worried, but suggested that I bring he back for a weight check at four weeks. I let her know that my neighbor is a lactation consultant who offered to work with me and borrow her scales if I needed to. The pediatrician said just to keep her updated on Emmeline's weight. I'll give you more info on that in the next post.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

She is really, really pretty. I am also baised when it comes to lots of hair. Both mine had and still have a ton. I know all too well about the weight issues. It can be consuming. Just keep being the excellent Mommy that you are and she will be perfect!! :)

Elin said...

Thanks, Rachel. Did your babies keep the hair that they were born with? I sure hope that Emmeline does. At four weeks, I hope that we are past the "hair-loosing" phase.