Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Emmeline - Week 6

The highlight of Emmeline's week was a trip to the beach. We spent a week at The Beach Club in Fort Morgan. It was a great trip. She spent a lot of time bonding with her Uncle Seth . . .
and her Grandmother.
We also celebrated my birthday while we were down there. While I was feeding Emmeline, everyone else decorated the condo and totally surprised me when I came out of our bedroom. Emmeline was slightly unsure about the whole thing.
She was the subject of multiple photo shoots, one of which is shown above.
All in all, we had a great time. Emmeline was well behaved and really enjoyed spending time with extended family.
David snapped this picture of her the other day and it is his new favorite. I like it too, so I thought I should included it.

This may be the last weekly update - I think I'll switch to monthly. Her milestones should be spreading out soon. So far, she:
  • holds her head up really well
  • recognizes faces (especially David, me and other folks she sees all the time)
  • shows a preference for positions, people and toys (she loves her pink bear)
  • smiles when we approach her to pick her up
  • enjoys tummy time, especially on her daddy's chest
  • smiles and approximates a laugh, but not that baby giggling yet (I.can't.wait.)
  • "talks" to us using coos, sighs, gurgles and squeals, but conversational inflections, which is really crazy
I think she is doing really well. Below are her stats:
10 lbs. 7 oz. (up 2 lbs. from birth, and 2 lbs. 3 oz. from her lowest weight)
23.5 inches (up 2.5 inches from birth, but she is hard to measure, so this one is approximate)

Next post - not baby related - I promise!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

She is such a cutie!

Rachel said...

She is such a cutie!