Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 5 Post-TPLO

So I jinxed her. I woke up this morning to Winni licking her incision. As much as I hated to do it, I put the e-collar on her this morning before I went to work. David worked a half day today, so she only had it to wear it for a little while. (On a side note... of course I have to be the mean one that puts on the e-collar and David gets to be the nice one that takes it off. Oh well!) She seemed no worse for wearing it, so it will be her fashion accessory until the staples come out. I doubt that I'll take her picture in it, because I'm not a mean mama, but I might.

Her recovery is still progressing well, with only one "issue." Her paw on her surgery foot seems to curl up. David says that he has felt her flex all of her foot muscles, but I haven't. It makes me nervous, so I think I'll call the vet or the physical therapist tomorrow to make sure it is normal and not some strange neurological craziness. In the mean time, I think I'll ask over at the orthodogs yahoo group, which has a wealth of information about all kinds of othopedic maladies in dogs.

No pics today... sorry. The only thing I have is a picture of her incision, and I think I'll spare you all that.

No comments: