Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Please send Winni your good thoughts...



Many of you know that Winni has been limping lately. Her vets have told me in the past that it is artritis, which I wasn't too sure about. I took her back to Kidd Animal Clinic on Monday and we saw Dr. Cobb. She sent us to see Dr. Ballagas at the Emergency and Specialty Clinic on Acton Road. Sure enough... it isn't arthritis. It is a blown ACL, or it's equivalent in the canine world. She is having a Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO for short). They went ahead and did it today. (I was a bit of a basket case when they brought her in to see me before I left.)

She will spend the night at the clinic tonight, and I'll pick her up around lunch tomorrow. Then it is six weeks of confinement at home (that should go well, ha ha) and the six weeks of rehab. Then she'll be back to this...



Please keep her and Dr. Ballagas in your thoughts and prayers this afternoon. We'd appreciate it, a lot.

1 comment:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

HEY!!!!! I totally forgot about your blog name!!! Here I am blogging away, check us out! Hey you coming on Saturday like you said????? That's right GUILT COME TO MY HOUSE. You and Heather should ride together....just a thought. I am praying for your doggie, breaks my heart to hear poor little winnie....HUG her neck for me!
Shawn